Basically, WordPress is a blogging platform and it is also a world best publishing platform as well. WordPress is a user-friendly platform because it is easy to use, compatible and free of cost platform.
There are thousands of WordPress tutorial and WordPress website designs available on the web you can choose the one you want. But it is a time-consuming activity if you don’t know how to design your WordPress site. In order to save your time and effort, we provide a step by step procedure to guide you to design your WordPress site and to boost your efficiency and skill to use the updated techniques. This complete guide helps you to design your WordPress site if you are a complete beginner.
STEP 1: Select the appropriate platform for your website.
STEP 2: Select the appropriate website name (domain name and hosting).
STEP 3: Configure your WordPress site.
- Select the appropriate platform for your website
In the beginning, you need to select a right platform CMS (Content management system) in order to create and manage all contents of your website. There are various CMS available on the web and you can see the detail of all these CMS on the web. But because you are a beginner, WordPress best suits you due to its user-friendly interface. It is cost-effective because their cost of hosting is lower than other CMS.
- Select the appropriate website name.
After selecting the platform, the next phase is to determine the suitable website name such as domain name and hosting. At this stage, you have to concentrate on your niche that which type of website you are going to run.
- If you are going to create a WordPress site for your business, choose the domain name that is your company name or brand name. For example brandname.com or companyname.com
- If you are going to create a WordPress site for yourself or for any personality you like, choose the domain name which is your name or something like that and you call it a personal website. For example myname.com
- If you are going to share information on your WordPress site, or for educational purpose choose the domain name like that myeducation.org etc.
The extensions of the most popular domain name are .Com, .Net, .Org but nowadays various other domain names were used such as yourname.green or companyname.green etc.
After selecting the domain name, the next phase is to select the hosting for your WordPress site. At this stage you have two options of hosting:
- Shared hosting
- WordPress hosting
For beginners, I recommend shared hosting because WordPress hosting and all hosting except shared hosting are costly. BLUEHOST is at best “shared hosting” site available on the web.
- CONFIGURE YOUR WORDPRESS SITE
After choosing a domain name and hosting, the next and final phase is to configure your WordPress site. Here is the step by step guide that how to configure your WordPress site.
- Go to admin panel of your site. For example mysite.com/wp-admin
- Type the username and password that you used during the installation process.
- Adjusting your site appearance, such as theme, widgets, menus, background, you can install a new theme if you don’t like the pre-installed theme.
- Add new pages, posts, and plugin you want.
The tutorial was written by Linda, working at a professional wordpress web design Houston company, also offers best branding design and wp theme customization services and more.